1. Place a large pot of salted water onto the stove to boil.
2. Peel, wash and chop potatoes into 2cm even chunks and boil until tender. Strain and mash potato until smooth.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, nutmeg, salt, parmesan, egg yolks and mash potato. Mix very well to combine (a mixing spatular is great).
3. Divide the dough into 4 even portions. On a clean workbench, sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of flour onto bench and roll gnocchi into long thin sausage lengths about 1.5cm wide.
4. Using the side of a fork, cut gnocchi dumplings evenly (2cm) and lightly indent face of gnocchi with blade marks of fork - this is traditional so as the gnocchi can hold the sauce in it's grooves.
5. Gently place individual gnocchi's into boiling water and as soon as they float to surface (about 40 seconds), scoop them out and toss in your favourite sauce.
Designed & Powered by Web Force 5